Scotch-Brite™ EXL Unitized Wheels feature a soft, conformable consistency that effectively smooths, deburrs and finishes the edges of metal alloys, as well as many plastics and composites.
Wheel is a 6” Diameter x 1/2" thickness in a 2S FIN Grade. There are a variety of densities and grades starting from a very soft 2 density for applications requiring a conformability to a hard, aggressive 8 density for maximum cut and durability. Densities and grades ranging from soft and conformable to hard and aggressive offer utility for a wide variety of applications
Wheel edge can be dressed for effective deburring, finishing and polishing of all metal alloys and many plastics and composites.
Scotch-Brite™ is a unique surface conditioning product with abrasives incorporated into non-woven nylon fibers. Combining abrasives with the fibers creates an abrasive system that delivers consistent results over the life of the product. We chose an open-web material that is load resistant and keeps the abrasive minerals cutting at high performance by limiting clogging of the nylon fibers.
- Tough, layered, unitized construction can operate clockwise or counterclockwise directions
- Resists smearing for cleaner surfaces and less preparation.
- Minimizes heat build up to lessen impact on heat-sensitive materials.
- 3M Brand: Scotch-Brite™
- Mineral Type: Silicon Carbide
- Blending / Deburring (Metalworking)
- Dimensions: 6" x1/2" x 1/2" Center hole
- Form Type - Density - Grade: Unitized - 2S - Fin
- Max RPM: 5000
- Equipment: Buffers - Motors - Machines - Die Grinders
- Deburring – Blending - Finishing - Polishing
- Materials: Metals, Plastics, Composites