These are the unique 3M Radial Bristle Discs a new type of abrasive that is superior to sandpaper, flap wheels, or other types of sanders, brushes, or abrasive wheels. The 3M bristle materials are long lasting and very effective. The 3M Cubitron and aluminum oxide grains embedded throughout the plastic bristles make them very long lasting. Their flexible bristles can reach into areas with detail and irregular, curved, or flat surfaces.
Bristle Discs can be stacked, use as many discs as needed on rotary miniature mandrels, use them like natural bristle brushes, without any compounds - which is already impregnated in the disc material. The different colors of discs designate the grade.
Depending on the application, you will want to stack between three and six discs. The discs are very flexible, cool running, long lasting and provide a uniform finish.
Material: 3M Cubitron and Aluminum Oxide Grains
- Woodworking - Woodcarvers will appreciate how well they remove the "fuzzies" without harming any of the underlying detail.
- Dental Laboratory - Dental lab technicians can use these discs for cleaning, pre-polishing and polishing of metals and acrylics with excellent results.
- Jewelry & Crafts - Jewelers and Metalsmiths use the various grits of these discs, for cleaning, pre-polishing, metal surface Satin Texture finish and polishing of precious metals.
- Die & Mold Shops - Metal working when cleaning parts and molds, especially good on hard to polish materials like titanium and valplast.
- Bristle Disc Diameters: 3/4" - 18mm
- Bristle Grades: Yellow 80 - White 120 - Red 220 - Blue 400 - Pink Pumice - Peach 6 Micron - Lt Green 1 Micron
- Disc Center Hole: 1/16" - 1.56mm
- For optimum results use a minimum of 3 discs ganged together, more discs wider coverage
- Recommended speed from 5,000 to 15,000 RPM.
- Maximum Operating Speed of 35,000 RPM
- Rotation must be with the Radius of Bristles
- No compounds, rouges or pastes required -Bristles contain abrasives.