CRUCIBLES FOR GOLD SILVER MELTING - COMPLETE SET
Set includes the materials needed to melt scrap metals, old Jewelry, grindings into Ingots. In this set are a variety of sizes of the Dish Crucibles along with a Melting Cup type Crucible. MADE IN ITALY.
Whip Handles (2 Pcs) to hold dish crucibles and a Tong to hold and handle the cup crucible. Use the different size crucibles for various metals or volume of metals to melt.
Borax for glazing/coating ceramic crucibles to provide for a smooth skin and prolong the life of the crucible and to control oxidation on metal surfaces whenever melting.
Along with Carbon Stirring Rods (2pcs) to stir precious metals, while melting and to remove any impurities on the surface of the molten metal.
Crucibles in this Melting Kit (5 Pcs) can be used for melting Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Brass and more.
- 4 - Dish Crucibles: 1 Each (20, 40, 100, 175 dwt capacities - 2" to 4" Diameters)
- 2 - Whip handles: Small & Large Whip (Hold all 4 dishes in set)
- 1 - Crucible Cup: 18 T.Oz. / 560 Grams / 70cc Capacity
- 1 - Tong: 12-1/2" Long - Stainless Steel - Serrated Tips (to Hold Cup Crucible and handle Material)
- 1 - Borax Granular: 1 Bag 1/2-Lb.
- 2 - Stirring Rods: 1 Each of - 1/4" Dia. and 5/16" Dia. x 12" Long
Crucibles are made of High Grade Fused Silica and withstand temperatures up to 2500°F/1, 371°C.
Also included in this Kit - Guidelines / Instruction for Melting and the use of Borax for Glazing and as a Flux.