These unique discs from 3M are a new type of abrasive that is superior to sandpaper, flap wheels, or other types of sanders, brushes, or abrasive wheels. Their flexible bristles can reach into areas with detail and irregular, curved, or flat surfaces. Woodcarvers will appreciate how well they remove the "fuzzies" without harming any of the underlying detail.
Bristle Discs can be stacked, use as many discs as needed on rotary miniature mandrels, use them like natural bristle brushes, without any compounds - which is already impregnated in the disc material. The different colors of discs designate the grade.
Depending on the application, you will want to stack between three and six discs. The discs are very flexible, cool running, long lasting and provide a uniform finish.
Woodworking - Woodcarvers will appreciate how well they remove the "fuzzies" without harming any of the underlying detail.
Dental Laboratory - dental lab technicians can use these discs for cleaning, pre-polishing, and polishing of metals and acrylics with excellent results.
Jewelry& Crafts - Jewelers and Metal-Smiths use the various grits of these discs, for cleaning, pre-polishing, metal surface Satin Texture finish and polishing of precious metals.
Die& Mold Shops - when cleaning parts and molds, especially well on hard to polish materials like titanium and valplast.
Coarser grits can be used to clean and remove surface oxides, in carving and grinding, surface texture while finer grits will smooth, burnish and polish (High Polish with 6 and 1 mic discs).
Brush Polish & Finish
- Bristle Disc Diameter: 2" - 51mm
- Bristle Grade: Peach - 6 mic
- Disc Center Hole: 3/8" - 9.54mm
- Material: 3M Cubitron and Aluminum Oxide Grains
- For optimum results use a minimum of 3 discs ganged together, more discs can be used for wider coverage
- Recommended speed from 5,000 to 15,000 RPM.
- Maximum Operating Speed of 35,000 RPM
- Rotation must be with the Radius of Bristles
- No compounds, rouges or pastes required -Bristles contain abrasives.