Set include 2 Crucibles melting dishes along with the "Whip" crucible dish holder and Borax. The holder is a wire handled instrument, works by reverse action pinching and holding the melting dish in place for pouring. The crucibles are High Grade Fused Silica... Crucibles are made in Italy
The WHIP makes a lot of sense when using small melting dishes. Made of stainless steel, the spring action keeps good tension to assure the user that melting dishes will not slip.
Crucibles are made of High Grade Fused Silica, withstands temperatures up to 2500°F / 1371°C, crucibles are long lasting,
Borax Technical Grade in a 2oz Bag, this is Borax Pentahydrate in the Granular form. Borax has a wide variety of uses, a component of many products. It is used to glaze ceramic crucibles, as a flux when melting and casting. Borax when used in melting of Gold and Silver helps to dissolve Oxides and other impurities and produce a fluid borate slag that collects on the surface of the molten metal,
Note: Always Glaze crucible prior to use, will prolong the life of the crucible.
SALE IS FOR 4 piece set, includes - 1 Large "Whip" Crucible Holder and 2 Crucible Dishes, 1 bag of Borax.
*Protective Clothing, heat gloves and eye protection must be worn when melting metals. *Safety factors must always be the Priority - WORK SAF
JETS Product # 0311-05146
1. Large Whip Handle: JETS # 0316-052 (1 Pc Included)
- Holds and fits 3" and 4" dishes. Large Whip Handle length is 10-1/4"
2. Large Dish: JETS # 0316-104 (1 Pc Included)
- Outside Diameter: 3-7/16" - 87.4mm
- Height: 1-3/32" - 27.8mm
- Capacity: 155 grams - Volume 30cc
3. Extra Large Dish: JETS # 0316-106 (1 Pc Included)
- Outside Diameter: 4-1/16" - 103.2mm
- Height: 1-3/8" - 35mm
- Capacity: 272 grams - Volume 90cc
4. Borax: JETS # 0326-0202 (2 Oz. Bag Included)