Vallorbe Grobet Swiss Pattern Precision Files are produced with the finest heat tempered chrome alloy steel to the highest standards of accuracy, performance, and service life. Files are the most commonly used by jewelers and silversmiths. Cut 00 is the coarsest, cut 6 is the finest.
Pillar Files are parallel in width and tapered in thickness, like a hand file, they have two safe edges both surfaces are cutting. The narrow pillar is a slender hand file, this Vallorbe #1142 "Narrow" are best for filing Flat surfaces and especially for Slots.
These files are parallel in width and tapered in thickness to make possible perfectly flat filing. The safe edges allow precise filing without effecting the adjacent surfaces.
SPECIFICATIONS: JETS Product # 0601-11143
- Vallorbe Swiss Made: Product # 1142-6-1
- Overall Length: 8-1/8" (2070mm)
- Cutting Length: 6" -150mm
- Width: 1/4" - 6.42 mm
- Thickness Tapers: 11/128" > 15/128" - 2.19 mm > 3mm
- Cutting: Double Cut Top and Bottom - Both edges are safe
- Swiss Cut: #1
- Sale is for 1 File