A 3" Divider made of A-2 Tool Steel is a Precision Toolmakers Dividers with Round Legs, Spring Steel Joint and Solid Nut is the ultimate in precision, a very well-made quality tool. Made in USA
The legs are tapered rounded on outside flat on the inside and sharp so that it Closes Flush. The Legs of the divider are flat on the inside so that it Closes Flush
It is designed for the professional toolmaker and machinist, to meet the high quality that they demand. Adjustment is centrally located in the legs to assure smooth action. Tool has a very good balance and fine adjustment capability.
In the metalworking field, a divider caliper, sometimes referred to as a compass, is used in Layout work, the process of marking out locations, using divider to lay-out equal measurements, in laying out circles, arcs, and radii.
SPECIFICATIONS: JETS Product # 0702-1325
- Overall Length: 3-5/8" - 92mm
- Leg Size Length: 2-1/2" – 63.5mm
- Bow Diameter: 0.765" – 19.4mm
- Peg Finger Grip: Length: 0.462" - 11.7mm – Diamter: 0.196" - 4.96mm
- Maximum Opening Capacity: 1-7/16" – 36.6mm
- Legs: Round Tapered to Point - Flat Inside
- Metal: Tool Steel A-2 Hardened
- Weight: 1.26oz. - 35.6gr