Silver solder sheets are used in Jewelry making, in repair work such as sizing and mounting, for assembling silver jewelry, rings and components.
Silver solder comes in 4 grades… the grades are the relative temperature flow points between one and the other. The softer the solder the less content of silver with a lower melting temperature. (Each piece is 1"W x 5"L - 0.010" Thickness).
4 Grades Sheet Solder Specifications: JETS Product # 1925-45 XS-S-M-H
56% EXTRA SOFT - 65% SOFT - 70% MEDIUM - 75% HARD
Silver Solder for Jewelry Making and Repairs, set of 4 grades - includes 1Dwt (1.5g) of each > Extra Soft, Soft, Medium and Hard solder sheet (Each piece is 5"x 1").
Silver Solder comes in 4 different Grades of Hardness:
- Extra Soft Content of Silver 56%
- Easy Soft Content of Silver 65%
- Medium Content of Silver 70%
- Hard Content of Silver 75%
- Extra Soft Silver Solder Sheet with a melting point of 1145o F - 618oC. with a Silver Content of 56%
- Soft Silver Solder Sheet, with a melting point of 1260o F - 682oC. with a Silver Content of 65%
- Medium Silver Solder, medium grade flow with a melting point of 1295o F - 702oC. with a Silver Content of 70%
- Hard Silver Solder Sheet, with a melting point of 1375o F - 746oC. with a Silver Content of 75%
NOTE: Cadmium FREE Solder
Repairs: Lower temperature solder is recommended for repair work, especially on pieces that may have been reworked and a high temperature solder may cause a problem.
Assembly Work: In multiple component soldering use the Higher Temperature Solder first, then a medium grade and finally to a soft the lower melting point.
Sale is for a Total of 20Dwt / 1Toz. (5Dwt / 1/4Toz of Each Grade)
Attention: These solders are made to be used with high heat torch or butane torch in order to reach melting temperature, it is not intended to be used with soldering iron.