Freeman Sol-U-Carv Wax is a carvable water soluble wax specifically formulated for the lost wax casting process. This wax is ideal for making any configuration where a hollow area in the finished pattern is desired.
Wax is ideal for making hollow beads, hollow pendants, dome rings, or any other configuration where a hollowed area in the finished pattern is desired.
Wax may be carved using regular carving tools to form cores. Wax wires and casting wax sheets can be adapted around the core to achieve the desired design. The core can then be dissolved by immersing in water, leaving a hollow pattern.
- Easily carved with conventional carving tools
- Melted over a low flame or wax pot
- Injected or gravity poured into a mold
- Easily dissolved by water immersion or rapidly by immersing in 5-10% muriatic acid solution.
- Color Yellow
- Melting Point 137-147°F
- Melting Temperature: 165-170°F
- Hardness (Shore D) 45
- Specific Gravity 1.38
- Viscosity at Various Temperatures °F Viscosity (cps)
150 3,000 - 6,000
160 2,200 - 5,000
170 1,500 - 4,000
- Weight: 1 Pound
- Block Measurement: 4-1/2" x 3-1/2" x 1-1/2" (Aprox)
- Made in U.S.A.