The 3M Cubitron and aluminum oxide grains embedded throughout the plastic bristles make them very long lasting. These 3” Bristle Discs can be used like natural bristle brushes, without any compounds - which is already impregnated in the disc material. The different colors of discs designate the grade. Their flexible bristles can reach into areas with detail and irregular, curved, or flat surfaces.
Bristle Discs come mounted with a Right Hand Plastic Hub...
The bristle discs are very flexible, cool running, long lasting and provide a uniform finish.
- Woodworking - Woodcarvers will appreciate how well they remove the "fuzzies" without harming any of the underlying detail.
- Dental Laboratory - Dental lab technicians can use these discs for cleaning, pre-polishing, and polishing of metals and acrylics with excellent results.
- Jewelry & Crafts - Jewelers and Metal smiths use the various grits of these discs, for cleaning, pre-polishing, metal surface Satin Texture finish and polishing of precious metals.
- Die & Mold Shops - Metal working when cleaning parts and molds, especially well on hard to polish materials like titanium and valplast.
- Coarser grits can be used to clean and remove surface oxides, in carving and grinding, surface texture while finer grits will smooth, burnish and polish.
- The 3M Cubitron and Aluminum Oxide grains embedded throughout the plastic bristles make them very long lasting.
- Pink Pumice
- Recommended speed from 5,000 to 15,000 RPM.
- Maximum Operating Speed of 35,000 RPM
- Rotation must be with the Radius of Bristles
- No compounds, rouges or pastes required -Bristles contain abrasives.
Grit / Grade RPM
- Heavy Cleaning 80 15,000 to 20,000 RPM
- Fire-scale Removal 80,120 15,000 to 20,000 RPM
- Light Oxide Removal 120, 220, 400 10,000 to 15,000 RPM
- Pre-Polishing 220, 400, Pumice 12,000 to 18,000 RPM
- Semi-Finishing 400, Pumice 5,000 to 10,000 RPM
- Blending 220, 400, Pumice 8,000 to 15,000 RPM
- Texturing 80, 120, 220 5,000 to 10,000 RPM
- Polishing 1 micron, 6 micron 15,000 to 20,000 RPM