Dialux® VORNEX is a pre-polishing compound formulated to be used for removing and eliminating scratches and marks on metal surfaces prior to the polishing and finishing step.
The Dialux® Vornex is formulated to remove abrasive cleaning lines and scratches. This compound is the first step that is needed to achieve the finest and smoothest high polish with the best luster in the polishing and finishing process.
Dialux Vornex is a Tripoli cutting compound that can be used on hard metals, and works especially well with ferrous metal components, like Stainless Steel Jewelry and Watch cases . It is widely used in forged type production, foundry casters and metal smiths who fabricate various parts with ferrous and hard metals.
Bar size: 4" x 1-1/8" x 1"
Bars are individually wrapped like Chocolates
Bar Weight: 100 Grams - 4 Oz.
Utilizes Graded Abrasives
Blended with Additives
Long Lasting Composition with Minimum Usage
Good Adhesion to Buffing Wheels
Produces - Bright Shine
Our recommendations and suggestions on Buffing to obtain the best results possible:
- Use the right compound for the metal that you are trying to polish
- It may be needed to go through 2 or 3 steps, in polishing to get the optimum result you are looking to achieve.
- Make sure that the parts that are being polished are smooth and clean, use the appropriate abrasives and pre-polishing compound to remove lines and scratches. A well preped surface will result into the high luster bright polished finished.
- Avoid using different compounds with the same buff, if you have to then make sure to clean and remove any hardened compound residue on the surface edge with a buff rake.
- Segregate your buffs for the various metals, Gold, Silver, Brass … try not to use the same buff for all metals. If you have to then make sure buffs are cleaned (dressed) with a buff rake.
- A clean buffing wheel edge is important.
- Allow the buff and compound to perform the work they were made and formulated for, excessive force or pressure will hurt the process.
WORK SAFE! Working with rotary motors and wheels can be dangerous if proper safety procedures are not followed.
PROTECTION - Protect yourself, your fingers and hands, your face and eyes and use respirators.