Cast Iron ingot mold for Plate, ingot is to pour molten metal to make Gold, Silver, Brass and Copper flat plate / bars. The plate...in turn can be further rolled down on a Rolling mill to the thickness size required.
The advantage of these closed plate ingots is that the solid metal that comes out is uniform in size thickness. Not like open wire ingots. Ingot is made of Gray Cast Iron to ensure the best Quality and durability.
Ingot mold to make flat plate bar with a thickness of 4mm, width of 33mm and a length of 120mm.
The weight of the bar will depend on the metal, karat your working with and how full you fill the cavity, the Gold capacity of the plate is 300 grams/ 9.64Toz., while the Capacity for Silver will be about approximately 150grams/ 4.85Toz. The mold can be used to pour less metal.
Ingot has a C-Clamp handle to secure the two part plates tightly with the wing nut.
Note: This is for the Professional Smelter - Never Overheat Ingot especially in repeated melts and pours, use Oil or Wax prior to pouring of molten metals.
Specifications: JETS Product # 0318-8833
- Cavity Plate Thickness: 5/32" - 4.00mm
- Cavity Plate Width: 1-5/16" - 33mm
- Cavity Height: 4-3/4" - 120mm
- Ingot Overall Height with Base: 5-3/8" - 135mm
- Width of Body: 1-1/8" – 28.5mm
- Length of Body: 2-3/8" - 60mm
- Ingot Base Measures: 4-3/4" x 2-3/8" - 120 mm x 60mm
- Ingot Weight: 6Lb - 2.7 Kg