Cast Iron ingot mold for Wires and Plate, ingot is to pour molten metal to make Gold, Silver, Brass and Copper round wire / rods and reversible to make flat plate. The wires and plate...in turn can be further rolled down on a Rolling mill as well as Wire drawing dies or Draw Plates to the size and thickness required.
The advantage of these closed wire/plate ingots is that the solid metal that comes out is uniform in size thickness. Not like open wire ingots. Ingot is made of Gray Cast Iron to ensure the best Quality and durability.
Ingot mold has 3 pouring grooves that measure 4.75mm wires and a length of 120mm. When reversed the Ingot can be used to make flat plate bar with a thickness of 4mm and a length of 120mm.
The weight of the bar will depend on the metal, karat your working with and how full you fill the cavity, the Gold capacity of the plate is 300 grams/ 9.64Toz., while the Capacity for Silver will be about approximately 150grams/ 4.85Toz. The mold can be used to pour less metal.
Ingot has a C-Clamp handle to secure the two part plates tightly with the wing nut.
Note: This is for the Professional Smelter - Never Overheat Ingot especially in repeated melts and pours, use Oil or Wax prior to pouring of molten metals.
Specifications: JETS Product # 0318-8832
- Cavity 3 Wire Diameter: 3/16" - 4.75mm
- Cavity Plate Thickness: 5/32" - 4.00mm
- Cavity Plate Width: 1-5/16" - 33mm
- Cavity Height: 4-3/4" - 120mm
- Ingot Overall Height with Base: 5-3/8" - 135mm
- Width of Body: 1-1/8" – 28.5mm
- Length of Body: 2-3/8" - 60mm
- Ingot Base Measures: 4-3/4" x 2-3/8" - 120 mm x 60mm
- Ingot Weight: 5.7Lb - 2.6 Kg